Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Plenty of Trains Right Behind Us

On a dreary day the Alewife station/parking complex has the feel of British post war Labour government architecture -- you expect to see Malcolm McDowell and the gang from Clockwork Orange lurking menacingly around the next corner. Today sun shone down into the station, Jonathan Fixler played a mellow riff, and the station and commute felt as comfortable as a worn shoe, and as familiar as another Groundhog Day. Then came the "medical emergency" ahead, the muttered "shit" from another passenger, and delay. Once we began to move again the dreadful "Please be advised there are plenty of trains right behind us" came over the loudspeaker. It's probably true but it sounds like a lie related to "I'll still respect you in the morning."

4 Comments:

Blogger Elliemac said...

More on Alewife architecture is at http://ellenmc.typepad.com/commuterrant/2005/03/alewife_archite.html. I think we have similar observations about the environs!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi T Rider,
Plenty of Trains Right Behind Us is one of the really interesting blogs I’ve found during my search for info about dirt cheap diamonds. Although Plenty of Trains Right Behind Us isn't exactly what I was looking for, I want to express my admiration, keep up the good work! While looking for more information about dirt cheap diamonds, I seldom see a good blog like yours.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

Hi T Rider,
During my search for information about diamond grading, I found your Blog,
although Plenty of Trains Right Behind Us isn't exactly what I was looking for, I like the topic and the way you wrote it. My interest goes out to diamond grading related information, but I always admire a well written post.

12:55 AM  
Blogger bleeeeeeeeeeeeeee said...

The phenomena will not have been considered in all vicodin its bearings unless I add that this displacement or transvaluation is shared by different dreams in extremely varying degrees.. His morning costume was an ample dressing-gown of gorgeously flowered silk, and his morning was very apt to lexapro last all day.. Denham, who volunteered the percocet letter, assured me that Mrs...

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home